The new Canon EF-S 18-55mm may be a bit slower on the wide end than its predecessor, but the lens’ overall size has been reduced by 20%, and Canon claims will offer the same image quality as the previous version, along with four stops of shake reduction.
Canon EF-S 18-55mm
Product is Available!
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture – 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II
- Lens Construction – 16 elements in 12 groups, including UD-glass and aspherical lenses
- Diagonal Angle of View – 74 20′ – 7 50′ (with APS-C image sensors)
- Focus Adjustment – Gear-driven
- Closest Focusing Distance – 1.48 ft./0.45m (maximum close-up magnification 0.24x)